Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Most Wonderful Homemade Hand Scrub!

So I've been looking for an awesome hand scrub that is cheap, easy and non-greasy! I have looked high and low on the net looking for the perfect one! And I finally found it on Northern Cottage! She used peppermint in hers and I also used it in a batch but I wasn't a huge fan so I tried several scents and mixed and matched till I found one I just fell in love with which is Almond Extract and Lemon Extract. I used about 1/2 teaspoon each.   It smells so refreshing and spring-like. So mix and match till you find something you like! I have also made it with half sugar and half Epsom's salt. If you use half pint containers like we did it holds about 3/4 to 1 cup. I didn't measure the soap I just kept pouring until I got the consistency I liked! I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!


GARDENER’S HAND SCRUB!
home 004

Start off with a BIG ol’ mixing bowl
home 011
some sugar
home 013
some dish soap (since it is HAND SCRUB I love using the Hand Renewal kind)
home 016
a couple drops of peppermint extract
home 019
& some pretty little jars
home 012

Whip Up a Batch:
Tip: My measuring trick that I’ve learned
after creating several batches:
** pour the sugar into the jars you’re gonna use nearly to the top
& then…
pour that into your mixing bowl
then add a few squeezes of soap until
home 015
add until you get the consistency you like
to the consistency of…well…
HAND SCRUB!
home 017
add a couple drops of extract to up the scent factor
and
stir, stir, stir
plop into your jars
home 018
Decorate the jars as you’d like
home 001home 002home 003

home 005
I kept it simple with just some twine and a tag.
home 014
off to fill up more jars!
home 020
home 021
home 022
my original hand scrub recipe can be found here.
This is a perfect gift for gardening moms, sisters, teachers, friends, neighbors, etc. 
Chat soon –
NORTHERN COTTAGE
(click here to go to Northern Cottage blog home)

No comments:

Post a Comment