Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Little Lady Leg Warmers!!

This is another fantastic tutorial from This Thrifty House!! I think these leg warmers are too cute, especially when you have a 5 year old princess who loves to dress up!!
So here's the one of the cutest tutorials I've seen!! Of course there's always more to find!

Little Lady Leg Warmers

As I have mentioned before--I have a little lady that LOVES to wear dresses and skirts ALL THE TIME!!! 

So as we are heading into the fall and winter months--we usually start shopping for tights for her to wear.  But then I remembered seeing these leg warmers made from ladies knee socks--and decided to make some for my little gal so her little legs will stay warm and cozy this winter.




So I started with a pair of long socks.  I found these ones discounted at Fred Meyer--they were around $2  and I thought the little ruffle would be fun on the bottom of the leg warmers.


Next I made three cuts.  I cut the sock right before and after the heel and then cut off the toe.


Next I used the middle part left over from the foot of the sock and folded it WRONG SIDES together to make a cuff.  Then I tucked in the cut edge of the long part of the sock inside the cuff matching all three of the cut edges.  So it looked like this:


Then I sewed around the edge. 


 I used a zig zag stitch on this pair--but on others I used a regular stitch and both work great.


 I did the same thing to the other sock and in about 10 minutes from start to finish--My little lady had a new pair of leg warmers!


 She thought they were pretty awesome too!


They were so quick and easy--that I had to make a few more pairs.




I wonder if I'm too old for a pair?

No comments:

Post a Comment